For most, it’s a time for fun and excitement as the best college basketball teams in the country compete for the championship. But for cybersecurity professionals, it’s a time of anxiety and vigilance. March Madness brings with it an increase in malicious cyber activity, as attackers seek to take advantage of the increased online traffic associated with the tournament.
At Pearl Technology, we ensure our clients are prepared for the increased risk of March Madness. Here are some tips we are sharing:
- Monitor web traffic: During March Madness, web traffic increases significantly. Make sure you are monitoring traffic closely and looking out for any suspicious activity.
- Implement multi-factor authentication: Attackers are increasingly exploiting weak or stolen passwords. We encourage you to implement multi-factor authentication to protect your systems.
- Educate staff: Instruct your employees on the risks associated with March Madness. Remind them not to open any suspicious emails or download anything from untrusted sources.
- Update security systems: Make sure your security systems are up to date. Attackers are constantly looking for ways to exploit outdated systems.
- Test for vulnerabilities: Vulnerability scanning and Pen testing are great ways to identify and address potential vulnerabilities before they can be exploited. We encourage our clients to conduct regular assessments to ensure their systems are secure.
By following these tips, you can avoid “March Madness Badness” and ensure your systems remain secure. Pearl Technology can help you stay safe this March Madness season.